Matthew G. Miller
Matt Miller is a lifelong resident of Omaha, Nebraska. He has over 27 years of experience handling personal injury matters. Matt has earned the highest ratings that can be given for legal skill and ethics under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review
As a young attorney, Matt represented insurance companies in personal injury cases. As a result, he knows the tactics these companies and their lawyers use, and he can help you take the aggressive measures necessary to counteract them.
Matt continues: “People come to us having suffered tragic, horrendous harms and losses. I frequently see people whose entire lives, and the lives of their families, have been devastated by someone else’s wrongful conduct. These wrongdoers are almost always represented by insurance companies. That’s where we come in. We’re able to level the playing field and to make sure that no one we represent is going to get pushed around or exploited by an insurance company. Ever.
“Most people don’t want to go to court; they simply want to be treated fairly. We understand that. I know, from my earlier work for insurance companies, that in order to be treated fairly by an insurance company you need to have a lawyer with a demonstrated track record of success in the courtroom. Unlike most law firms, we prepare every case from the outset as if we are going to trial. In our experience, that is the best way to ensure that each client’s case is taken seriously by the wrongdoer’s insurance company. In the event the insurance company isn’t willing to treat you fairly, you must have a lawyer who knows his or her way around a courtroom; anything less could spell disaster. People in the unfortunate position of needing a personal injury lawyer should make sure that the lawyer they choose is a trial lawyer, not just someone who settles claims and never goes to trial. We take great pride in the results we attain for our clients both in and outside the courtroom.
“My greatest satisfaction comes from being able to make a difference in the lives of our clients. When someone has lost a loved one, or suffered a life-altering injury because someone else chose to violate the safety rules that protect us all, they find themselves in a nightmare. Not only are they reeling from physical and emotional trauma, they then find themselves in an adversarial legal system facing hostile insurance companies with unlimited financial resources. People entrust us with protecting their lives, their loved ones and their futures and guiding them through the legal system. It is a great honor and a privilege to be entrusted with such enormous responsibility. Our success in seeing our clients protected and taken care of convinces me that this is what I was meant to do with my life.”
Matt’s recognized expertise in all aspects of personal injury law results in his frequently being asked by other lawyers and judges to serve as a mediator to parties involved in personal injury cases and to help them resolve their cases without having to go to court.
When struck by a life-changing event, which lawyer you choose to protect your family is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Knowing what former clients have experienced can help you determine if a lawyer is a good fit for you: read our former clients testimonials here.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Personal Injury
- Nebraska, 1989
- S. District Court District of Nebraska, 1989
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
- A. magna cum laude
- Tadros v City of Omaha, 269 Neb. 528, 694 N.W. 2nd 180 (Nebraska Supreme Court 2005)
- Nuts and Bolts of Mediation and Settlement, Nebraska Association of Trial Lawyers, 2004
- Panel discussion on Tadros v City of Omaha, Nebraska Defense Counsel ,2007
- Liens and Settlements in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Practice, National Business Institute,2008
- Obtaining Significant Verdicts in the Trial of Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Claims, Nebraska Association of Trial Lawyers, 2016
Honors and Awards
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell ( highest rating possible for legal skill and ethics)
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007- to present
- “ Omaha’s Top Lawyers”, Omaha Magazine, 2007- to present
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Wrongful Death
- Animal Bites
- Semi-Truck Collisions
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries