Lincoln Dog Bite Injury Attorney
The last thing anybody expects is that they will be injured due to a dog bite. Unfortunately, these injuries are more common than most people realize. At Matthew G. Miller, we are ready to help if you or a loved one has been injured due to a dog bite injury. Our Lincoln dog bite injury attorneys will investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Why Is Matthew G. Miller My Dog Bite Injury Choice?
When you are dealing with the aftermath of a serious dog bite injury, you need to seek assistance from an attorney with extensive experience in personal injury law.
- At Matthew G. Miller, we pride ourselves on being a full-service law firm that can help with all legal needs due to a dog bite case.
- We are committed to constant communication and open transparency with our clients throughout their entire case.
- We work to secure the maximum compensation possible for each case, and we only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation our clients deserve through a favorable settlement or verdict.
What Will My Attorney Do For This Case?
These cases often require extensive investigation from an experienced Lincoln dog bite injury attorney. Your attorney will be responsible for:
- Gathering all evidence related to the dog bite, including witness statements, accident reports, and medical records.
- Negotiating with all parties involved, including insurance carriers, to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Preparing your case for a personal injury lawsuit if that is what it takes to secure the compensation you need.
Who Is Liable In A Dog Bite Injury Case?
There are more than 90 million dogs in US households. While the majority of them never cause anyone harm, studies indicate that as many as 4.7 million people are bitten by dogs each year. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that approximately 20% of all dog bite injuries require medical care.
Dogs have very powerful jaws that can inflict severe injuries. This can include:
- Major soft tissue damage
- Severed arteries, veins, muscles, and tendons
- Broken bones
- Finger amputations
In many cases, a victim may be significantly disfigured or experience a loss of functionality due to a dog bite. They may require reconstructive surgery to restore their appearance or mobility.
When it comes to dog bite injuries, Nebraska law is clear that the dog’s owner can be held strictly liable for injuries to any person, other than a trespasser, as a result of bite injuries. In dog bite cases, the owner does not have to be negligent in order to be held liable for injuries (Neb. Rev. Stat. § 54-601).
However, this law only applies to bite injuries, not any other injuries caused due to an animal (such as fall injuries from a dog running into or tripping someone).
How Much Compensation Can I Get For This Dog Bite Injury?
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury due to a dog bite, you may be entitled to compensation for what has happened. At Matthew G. Miller, our team is ready to investigate every aspect of this incident in order to secure the compensation you need. This could include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Compensation for reconstructive procedures
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
When you need a Lincoln dog bite injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (402) 558-4900.