Lincoln Motorcycle Accident Attorney
There are many motorcycle enthusiasts in and around the Lincoln, Nebraska area. However, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of other drivers on the roadway cause serious harm to motorcyclists. At Matthew G. Miller, our Lincoln motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to help if you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle incident. Let us investigate what happened and work to secure any compensation you may be entitled to for your motorcycle crash.
Why Is Matthew G. Miller Your Best Motorcycle Accident Choice?
After experiencing a devastating motorcycle accident injury, turn to an attorney that has your best interests at heart.
- Matthew G. Miller has more than three decades of combined legal experience in all areas of personal law, giving them a vast knowledge of how to maximize your compensation.
- We are a full-service law firm that is dedicated to handling every aspect of your case, from the initial claim, throughout the negotiations, and all the way to trial.
- Our motorcycle accident victims pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case. They only pay legal fees after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
How Will An Attorney Help With This Case?
A motorcycle accident case can become more complicated than a traditional vehicle accident claim. Unfortunately, insurance carriers are often biased against motorcycle riders. Your Lincoln motorcycle accident attorney will use their resources and experience to gather all evidence needed to prove liability. They will vigorously negotiate with insurance carriers to secure the compensation you need and will not hesitate to take your case all the way to trial if that is what it takes to win.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics For Nebraska
According to the Nebraska Department of Transportation, there were more than 53,000 total registered motorcycles in the state during the latest reporting year. State officials say that there was a total of 487 motorcycle crashes during that year. Out of those, there were 22 fatalities and 402 injuries. When we look at those statistics, it is clear that motorcyclists are at high risk of injury in the event they are involved in an accident.
Even when a motorcyclist is wearing a helmet, it is not uncommon for a rider or passenger to sustain the following injuries:
- Spinal cord trauma and back injuries
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Severe road rash injuries
In many cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligence of other drivers around them. This can include:
- Speeding drivers
- Those who fail to give motorcyclists space on the roadway
- Distracted drivers
- Drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Passing a motorcycle illegally
How Much Compensation Is Available For This Case?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a Lincoln motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Matthew G. Miller, we are ready to get to work on your case. Our goal will be to secure compensation for the following:
- All motorcycle-related crash injury medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
When you need a Lincoln motorcycle accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (402) 558-4900.