There are many factors that go into the value of your car accident claim, including whether you have hired an attorney who is experienced in negotiating with insurance companies on their clients’ behalf. Here are some of the other factors that will influence your settlement amount.
- Liability: When you are partially at fault or when liability is not clear in your accident, your claim value will decrease.
- Time disabled: When you are in an accident, a major factor for your recovery will be the amount of time it took you to recover from your injuries, including time that you were unable to work, time you were experiencing pain, and the amount of time you required medical care. This is usually measured in weeks.
- Medical bills: Higher medical bills will result in a higher settlement to compensate for costs of your treatment.
- Future medical expenses: If you are not completely healed and will continue to require medical care, this can be factored into your car accident claim.
- Permanent injuries: Scarring, residual pain, dependence on medication, and permanent disability are all factors in your car accident claim amount.
- Strong evidence presented in a thorough manner: Insurance companies are more likely to settle a case at a higher amount if you have strong evidence of your accident and your injuries and it is presented to them in an organized, well-thought out manner. This is why hiring an attorney is a crucial aspect of your claim.