Omaha Common Car Accident Injuries
When you are injured in an accident, you have a right to bring a claim against the person who caused the accident. Car accidents happen every day, and in most cases, the victims have only minor injuries and are able to walk away from the accident without any permanent medical conditions. However, some accidents are more serious. Some of the common injuries that our office can help you with include:
- Lacerations: Lacerations are injuries where there is damage to the skin. Lacerations are most often seen in the form of cuts or severe scraping injuries, where the skin is damaged, sometimes exposing the muscle or bone. These injuries require medical intervention as soon as possible because, without treatment, the victim can suffer from excessive blood loss or from serious infection. Many laceration injuries result in permanent scarring or disfigurement to the victim.
- Contusions: A contusion occurs when there is some sort of trauma to the skin, but the skin is not broken. These are commonly referred to as bruises, but in car accidents, they can be serious enough to require medical treatment and pain medication.
- Broken Bones: A broken bone, including legs, feet, arms, toes, fingers, and ribs, can be very painful and require rest, pain medication, physical therapy, or surgical intervention.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: A soft tissue injury occurs when there is a sprain, strain, or tear in a muscle or tendon. These injuries can occur anywhere in the body, but in car accidents, they most often affect the back, neck, legs, arms, and shoulders.
- Brain Injuries: Head injuries are serious conditions that occur when the head strikes something during an accident or when the head is rapidly moved back and forth. Ranging from a mild concussion to severe and irreversible brain damages, head injuries are as difficult to diagnose as they are serious.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries can occur in accidents. Damage to organs from trauma, construction, and blood loss are all possible injuries.
- Back and Neck Injuries: In many accidents, the victims suffer from whiplash and other neck and back problems. The movement of a vehicle during a car accident places a great deal of pressure on the head and neck area, and these injuries can be extremely painful to their victims. These injuries can also be catastrophic in the form a paralysis.
How Matthew G. Miller Can Help You
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Omaha, you need an attorney who knows how to tailor your case based on the types of injuries you have. Different injuries require different medical treatment, different recuperation times, and different settlement amounts. When you hire our attornys, you get a Nebraska car accident law firm who understands the complex nature of your injuries and how to present the medical evidence in your case to the insurance company or the court in a way that will get you maximum compensation for your serious injuries.
Schedule a free personal injury case consultation with us to discuss any of the injuries listed above or any other personal injury.
“Meeting Matt Miller was the best thing that happened to me after my accident. In the end I did receive a nice payout for my injuries…It was the most difficult time of my life but Matt Miller helped to make it a positive experience. I would happily recommend Matt to anyone who has a personal injury case.” – Dan Sundermeier, client