Financial Liability If An Auto Accident Was Partly My Fault

Under Nebraska law, being partially at fault does not mean that you will be unable to recover for your injuries.

Nebraska operates under a type of comparative negligence, which means that up to a certain point, you will still be able to recover even if you contributed to your accident.  In Nebraska, the threshold is 50%.  This means that if you are 50% at fault or more, you will be unable to collect from the other party.

However, for example, if you are found to be 40% at fault and the other party is 60% at fault, you will still be able to pursue your claim against the other driver.

“Meeting Matt Miller was the best thing that happened to me after my accident. In the end I did receive a nice payout for my injuries…It was the most difficult time of my life but Matt Miller helped to make it a positive experience. I would happily recommend Matt to anyone who has a personal injury case.” – Dan Sundermeier, client