Omaha Bus Accident Attorney
There are plenty of large buses in and around the Omaha area. While most of them operate safely, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a bus driver or bus company cause harm. If you or somebody you love has been injured and needs help from an Omaha bus accident attorney, Matthew G. Miller is ready to help. Our team will investigate what happened in your case in order to secure any compensation you are entitled to. Call us today for a free case consultation.
Let Matthew G. Miller Get To Work On This Case
After going through something as scary as a bus accident, you need to secure an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally. Turn to Matthew G. Miller for help.
- We are not afraid to take on major corporations or insurance carriers and we have a track record of success to prove our dedication to clients.
- Our team has more than 30 years of experience handling personal injury law cases, so we know what it takes to formulate a successful strategy.
- We take all bus accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients only pay legal fees after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
Why Is An Attorney Necessary For A Bus Accident Case?
Bus accident victims face many obstacles when trying to secure compensation for their injuries. This is often because of the various parties involved, including an at-fault driver, the bus company, insurance carriers, and legal teams. Your Omaha bus accident lawyer will work to obtain all evidence related to the crash, including any accident reports, eyewitness statements, video surveillance, and more.
Your Omaha personal injury attorney will ensure that you receive proper medical treatment for your injuries and that an expert medical witness will testify on your behalf.
Importantly, your attorney will handle all communication with other parties involved in order to secure the compensation you need.
Why Do Bus Accidents Commonly Cause Severe Injuries?
Buses are large vehicles that can cause devastating injuries to anyone involved in a crash. This can include bus passengers, drivers and passengers in vehicles, or bystanders around a crash. Due to the weight of these vehicles, it is not uncommon for our Omaha bus accident lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) says that there were 250 fatalities caused by large bus crashes in the US and thousands of injuries during the latest reporting year. During the latest reporting year in Nebraska, the DOT says that there were 210 total bus accidents that resulted in nearly 70 injuries.
How Much Compensation Can You Get For A Bus Accident Injury?
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a bus accident that was caused by the negligent actions of the bus driver or the bus company, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Matthew G. Miller, we are going to investigate what happened and work to secure the following compensation on your behalf:
- All medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible damages against the driver or company involved