Omaha Daycare Injury Attorney
Families should never have to worry about their child being injured at daycare. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of daycare employees lead to a child being injured. At Matthew G. Miller, our qualified and experienced Omaha daycare injury attorneys are ready to help if your child has been harmed. Let us investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you need. Call us today for a free consultation.
Let Matthew G. Miller Handle This Case
Daycare injuries can be devastating for your child, and you need to secure an Omaha injury attorney you can trust for this case. Matthew G. Miller is ready to get to work.
- We have more than 30 years of experience representing clients in all areas of personal injury law.
- We are fully committed to each client’s needs and work to ensure they have the legal support they need during this stressful time.
- We take daycare injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients have no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. They only pay legal fees if we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
Why Is An Attorney Necessary For These Cases?
Daycare injury cases are going to require extensive investigation. Your Omaha daycare injury lawyer will have the experience and resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the injury, including surveillance footage, daycare safety records, employment records, and more.
- Ensure that your child is properly evaluated by a medical professional who can determine the extent and cause of the injury.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement on your child’s behalf.
How Do Daycare Injuries Occur?
Most people understand that children can get themselves into situations and cause their own injuries. However, there are times when a child is injured at daycare due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of a daycare employee.
Children in daycare should always be supervised. When daycare staff members fail to properly watch over the children under their care, there is at risk of injury occurring. Operators of a daycare facility must also regularly inspect and maintain their premises, including playground equipment, toys, and the building facility. Failing to do so could result in a child being injured.
Signs of Daycare Abuse and Negligence
Parents and guardians must also be aware of the signs of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse that can occur in a daycare. If a daycare employee intentionally abuses or neglects a child in their care, they are breaking the law and can cause long-lasting impacts on the child. Some of the signs and symptoms that parents need to be aware of include:
- Sudden changes in the child’s behavior
- Anxiety around certain daycare staff members
- Unexplained bruises, cuts, welts, or other markings
- Trouble sleeping, nightmares, or night terrors
- Urinary tract infections or soreness around genitals
- Reverting to outgrown behaviors
You Could Be Entitled To Compensation
If your child has sustained an injury at daycare due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of a daycare worker, seek legal assistance immediately. At Matthew G. Miller, we are going to investigate your case and determine whether you are entitled to any of the following compensation:
- Your child’s medical expenses related to the injury
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the daycare worker or facility