Omaha Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
Distracted driving is incredibly dangerous. Despite laws and public service announcements designed to curb distracted driving incidents, these accidents still occur on a regular basis. If you or someone you care about has been injured due to a distracted driver, Matthew G. Miller is ready to help. Our Omaha distracted driving accident attorneys will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you need.
Matthew G. Miller Has Experience With These Cases
After sustaining an injury due to the actions of a distracted driver, you need to find an Omaha auto accident attorney with extensive personal injury law experience. Turn to Matthew G. Miller for help today.
- We are nationally recognized by our peers in numerous legal groups and have won more than 10 awards for excellence as a Omaha personal injury lawyer.
- We are a client-centered firm and strive to meet each client’s needs. We accomplish this through constant communication, open transparency, and a motivation to secure the maximum possible compensation for each client.
- We take all distracted driving cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our clients only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they need.
What Will An Attorney Do For This Case?
These cases can become incredibly complex. Distracted drivers often deny they were distracted in the first place, and your distracted driving attorney will be responsible for thoroughly investigating the incident to prove liability. This could include:
- Obtaining eyewitness statements
- Working to secure video footage from nearby businesses or homes
- Obtaining a driver’s phone records
Your Omaha distracted driving lawyer will also ensure you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can assess your injuries. They will also handle all negotiations with insurance carriers to ensure you receive fair compensation.
How Devastating Are Distracted Driving Crashes?
Distracted driving is one of the most dangerous driving behaviors. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), we know there were 3,166 people killed by distracted drivers during the latest reporting year. Distracted driving behaviors can include a wide variety of driver actions, including:
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Talking to others inside the vehicle
- Reaching for objects in other seats
- Applying makeup/looking in the mirror
- Talking on the phone
- Texting while driving
- Browsing the internet
- Reading emails
- Adjusting the GPS device
- Adjusting the radio
The Nebraska DOT does not keep track of each of those driving behaviors individually, but they do track the following (all data from the latest reporting year):
- Mobile phone distraction – caused one fatality and 58 injuries
- Inattention – caused eight fatalities and 1,217 injuries
- Distracted/other – caused two fatalities and 243 injuries
In many cases, distracted driving leads to other causes of a crash that are listed as the primary reason for the incident, including speeding, swerving, disregarding traffic signals, failure to yield, etc.
Can You Secure Compensation For This?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the actions of a distracted driver, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Matthew G. Miller, we are dedicated to helping our injured clients secure maximum compensation for their injuries, which can include:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical bills
- Lost income if they are unable to work
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the distracted driver
Call our Accident Attorneys Today
When you need an Omaha distracted driving accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation of your case or by calling (402) 558-4900.