Omaha Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Drunk driving accidents can be incredibly devastating for victims and their families. Despite the best efforts of law enforcement authorities, there are entirely too many drunk driving accidents in and around our area. If you or a loved one needs help from an Omaha drunk driving accident attorney, let Matthew G. Miller get to work on your case today. We will investigate what happened and work to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Let Matthew G. Miller Get To Work Today
After sustaining an injury caused by a drunk driver, you need to secure assistance from a compassionate and skilled car accident attorney. At Matthew G. Miller, we are going to be your advocate for this case.
- Our team has more than 30 years of experience in personal injury law to your side.
- We pride ourselves on being a full-serve law firm that focuses exclusively on our client’s needs. We handle all aspects of the case so you can focus on recovering.
- Our clients do not pay any legal fees until after we secure a favorable verdict or settlement on their behalf.
Why Do You Need An Attorney For A DUI Accident Case?
DUI accidents can be complicated, and it often takes help from a skilled Omaha injury attorney in order to prove the other party’s liability. Your attorney will:
- Work with law enforcement to secure evidence that the driver was intoxicated.
- Ensure you are evaluated by trusted medical professionals who can assess the extent of your injuries.
- Negotiate with all parties involved, including the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier, to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf.
How Often Do These Incidents Occur?
Alcohol-related crashes kill thousands of people each year in the US and injure hundreds of thousands more. In Nebraska, the Department of Transportation shows some startling statistics when it comes to drunk driving accidents.
There were 1,604 total alcohol-involved crashes in Nebraska during the latest reporting year. Out of those incidents, there were 54 fatalities and 682 injuries. In this state, a total of 32.8% of all fatal traffic crashes involved drunk driving incidents.
Those who survive crashes involving drunk drivers often sustain serious injuries, including the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Loss of or damage to bodily organs
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
These injuries often lead to major medical bills for victims. In this state, the impaired driver can be held accountable for the injuries and damages they cause. Nebraska law also makes it possible to hold retailers who sell alcohol to a minor who then causes someone else harm due to drunk driving.
“Meeting Matt Miller was the best thing that happened to me after my accident. I would happily recommend Matt to anyone who has a personal injury case.” – Dan Sundermeier
Can You Secure Compensation For A DUI Accident Injury?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a drunk driver, contact a drunk driving victim attorney today. At Matthew G. Miller, we have the experience you need to pursue full compensation for this case, including the following:
- Coverage of all injury-related medical costs
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the drunk driver or the person who sold the drunk driver the alcohol