Omaha Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
When somebody you love needs more daily care and assistance than you can provide, a nursing home may be necessary. However, there are many instances of nursing home abuse in the United States. If you suspect a loved one has been abused in a nursing home, call Miller Stockmann today. Our Omaha nursing home abuse attorneys will get to work investigating your case so we can secure any compensation your loved one is entitled to.
Miller Stockmann Is Your Choice For This Case
A nursing home abuse case can become complicated and overwhelming. You need a Nebraska injury attorney you can trust, so let Miller Stockmann get to work on your case today.
- We are fully committed to helping every nursing home abuse client get the legal support they deserve. This includes constant communication with their loved ones and open transparency throughout the entire case.
- We have a reputation for results, having successfully represented clients in more than 800 cases and securing more than $50 million for our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are zero upfront fees. Our clients only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they need through a settlement or verdict.
Why Is An Attorney Necessary For This Case?
Nursing home abuse cases can be incredibly difficult to prove, particularly if the victim is elderly, struggles to communicate, or has a diminished mental capacity. Your nursing home neglect lawyer will work diligently to prove this case by:
- Obtaining all evidence related to the abuse, including video and photo surveillance, witness statements, and records kept by the nursing home.
- Completely reviewing the history of the facility and the alleged abusive employee(s).
- Ensuring your loved one is properly cared for and evaluated by a trusted medical professional.
- Negotiating with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement.
Nursing Home Abuse Statistics
There are various ways that nursing home abuse and neglect occur. This can include the following:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Improper medication
- Emotional and psychological abuse
Around one out of every ten Americans over the age of 60 experience some type of elder abuse, according to the National Council on Aging (NCOA). This is abhorrent. Family members and loved ones of those in a nursing home must be aware of the following sentence and symptoms that could indicate abuse or neglect:
- Any unexplained markings such as cuts, burns, bruises, and scrapes
- Presence of bedsores at any stage
- Frequent or lingering infections
- Unexplained loss of hair and teeth
- Foul odors from urine and feces
- Dirty living quarters
- General unresponsiveness or lethargy from medications
- Anxiety around certain caregivers or residents
- Rapid mood changes or depression
Family members should also watch a loved one’s finances in order to ensure that there is no financial abuse occurring.
Compensation for Nursing Home Abuse Claims
If your loved one has been abused in a nursing home, you need to speak to a personal injury attorney in Omaha as soon as possible. Your lovely may be entitled to compensation, and the team at Miller Stockmann is ready to help. We want to ensure you receive maximum compensation, which can include coverage for:
- Your loved one’s medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Coverage to relocate to a new facility
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent employees or facility