Omaha Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable group in and around the roadway and often sustain devastating injuries in accidents. If you are somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident caused by another person’s negligent actions, let Miller Stockmann help you today. Our knowledgeable and experienced Omaha pedestrian accident attorneys will investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you need.
Miller Stockmann Is Your Choice For This Case
After you have sustained a pedestrian accident injury, turn to a law firm that has more than 30 years of combined experience representing injured clients. At Miller Stockmann:
- We focus exclusively on personal injury law. This has given us unique insight into what it takes to successfully secure the compensation our clients need.
- We have been nationally recognized by our peers in numerous legal groups and have won more than 10 awards for excellence.
- We take all pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients face no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. They only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they need.
How Will An Attorney Help A Pedestrian Accident Case?
Pedestrian accidents are not always straightforward, and a pedestrian accident lawyer will be an invaluable resource when it comes to determining liability. The at-fault party’s insurance carrier will not want to pay out a fair settlement, so your Omaha accident attorney will be responsible for:
- Gathering all evidence needed, including any video and photo surveillance, accident reports, eyewitness accounts, and more.
- Working with economic and medical experts to properly calculate your total losses.
- Negotiating with all parties involved to secure the compensation you need for your case.
Pedestrian Accidents Can Lead To Severe Injuries
According to the Nebraska Department of Transportation, there were 400 total pedestrian accidents reported to the agency during the latest year. When we look more closely at the data, we can see that 19 people were killed and 379 were injured in these incidents. Those numbers show us that a high percentage of pedestrian accidents result in injuries or fatalities.
Injuries from pedestrian accidents can be devastating. Pedestrians have no protection, and the impact of a vehicle commonly leads to the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries/head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Victims of pedestrian accidents often incur major medical bills, particularly if they need surgery or physical therapy in order to make a full recovery. If an Omaha pedestrian accident victim cannot work while they recover, they could be put into serious financial jeopardy.
How Much Compensation Is Available For These Cases?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by another person, contact an injury lawyer in Omaha immediately. At Miller Stockmann, you can count on having a qualified and experienced team by your side to investigate what happened. Our goal is to secure the compensation you need, which can include:
- Coverage of your pedestrian accident-related medical bills
- Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
Call Today For a Free Consultation
When you need an Omaha pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (402) 558-4900.