Omaha Personal Injury Attorney
If you have suffered an accident in Omaha, Nebraska, the realization that the physical pain and emotional trauma may not be all that you have to go through has probably been a complete surprise. Sometimes when you are injured, whether at work or out in public, the actual accident is just the beginning of what can be a very long ordeal.
Once medical bills and therapy costs begin to mount soon you find that you are under a completely new set of pressures, not just the pressure of recovering from your injury.
Finding an experienced Omaha personal injury lawyer can make the difference between falling prey to the financial injury that a personal injury causes, and actually receiving compensation for the harm done to you. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Why Miller Stockmann Is Your Choice For This Case
When you or a loved one have been injured due to another person’s careless actions, secure help from an Omaha accident attorney who can handle all aspects of your case. At Miller Stockmann, we are ready to get to work.
- We have more than 30 years of experience representing clients in all types of personal injury cases.
- Our team has a reputation for results, having successfully represented clients in more than 800 cases, and securing more than $50 million in compensation for our clients.
- We take all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients face no upfront or out-of-pocket cost and only pay legal fees after we successfully secured the compensation they deserve.
Why Is An Attorney Necessary For A Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases can become incredibly complex and involve various parties. Injured individuals usually do not have the time or resources necessary to properly investigate the incident. Your Omaha personal injury attorney will be responsible for:
- Gathering all evidence related to your personal injury, including accident reports, any video surveillance, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Ensuring that a trusted medical professional properly evaluates your case and fully assesses the extent of your injuries.
- Handling all communications with other parties involved in order to negotiate a settlement that covers all of your injury-related expenses.
Understanding Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases arise in various ways, but they are all linked to the careless or negligent actions of someone who causes harm to another individual. It is not uncommon for the Omaha personal injury attorneys at Miller Stockmann to help clients who have been injured in the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Workplace or Construction Incidents
- Nursing Home Abuse Incidents
- Dog bites
Injuries caused by these incidents vary, and can include:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
In Nebraska, there is a four-year statute of limitations (time limit) in place for victims of personal injuries to file a lawsuit against the person who caused their injury. However, the sooner you get to work with an attorney on your case, the more likely you are to successfully secure the compensation you need.
Our firm also has experienced Omaha wrongful death attorneys that represent the families of clients who have lost loved ones due to the negligent actions of another person, company, or entity secure compensation through wrongful death claims.
Compensation In Omaha Personal Injury Claims
The Omaha, Nebraska injury lawyers at Miller Stockmann understand that the insurance company’s profits are tied to how little they pay out in claims, regardless of the legitimacy of those claims. They strive to reach the victims directly before they retain a personal injury attorney so as to settle out of court as quickly as possible for as little as possible. The Omaha personal injuries at Miller Stockmann used to represent big insurance corporations and he knows how to use their tactics against them for your financial benefit. We are fierce advocates for victim’s rights and protections and he will work to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the personal injury
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
Let Us Get To Work On Your Case Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Miller Stockmann, we are going to conduct a thorough investigation in order to secure the compensation you need.