Slip And Fall Accident Lawyer
Nobody should have to worry about unsafe conditions when they go onto another person’s property. However, there are times when property owners allow for hazardous conditions that could cause a slip and fall accident. At Matthew G. Miller, we are dedicated to helping injured clients secure the compensation they are entitled to. When you need and Omaha slip and fall accident attorney, contact us today so we can get to work.
Let Matthew G. Miller Take Your Case Today
Getting injured in a slip and fall accident is a big deal and requires assistance from a trusted attorney. You can count on Matthew G. Miller to be by your side.
- We have more than three decades of personal injury law experience to bring to your case and have a track record of results to prove our success.
- We are fully committed to each client’s needs and work to ensure they have the legal support necessary throughout their entire case.
- Our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they are entitled to through a verdict or settlement.
Do You Need An Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case?
Slip and fall cases are rarely straightforward. Property owners and their insurance carriers are going to resist making any payments to injury victims, and your Omaha slip and fall accident lawyer will be responsible for working to prove their liability. Your personal injury attorney will:
- Work to obtain any evidence related to the incident, including all accident reports, employee or witness statements, video surveillance, and more.
- Ensure you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will be willing to testify on your behalf about the extent of your injuries.
- Vigorously negotiate with all parties involved in order to secure the compensation you need.
How Do Slip And Fall Incidents Occur?
Slip and fall accidents occur in a variety of ways, and many of the causes of a slip and fall relate to the property owner or employee negligence. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall incidents include the following:
- Floors that are wet due to spills or leaks
- No “wet floor” signs after mopping or discovering a leak/spill
- Loose carpeting or floorboards
- Low-lying obstacles in a patron’s path (boxes, merchandise, electrical cords, etc.)
- Uneven walking surfaces
The National Floor Safety Institute states that approximately one million people seek medical treatment each year for slip and fall injuries. These injuries range from minor to severe, and can include:
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Bone bruises
Slip and fall accident victims often incur major medical bills. In some cases, they are unable to work while they recover, leading to a loss of income.
What Kind Of Compensation Can You Get For This Injury?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a slip and fall incident on another person’s property, you may be entitled to compensation. Let our team of Omaha accident lawyers investigate what happened and work to secure the following compensation:
- Your medical expenses related to the slip and fall
- Lost wages if you are unable to work while recovering
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the property owner
Get Your Free Consultation Today
When you need an Omaha slip and fall injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (402) 558-4900.