Omaha Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Spinal cord injuries can have a devastating and long-lasting impact on victims. Not only can these injuries affect a person’s way of life, but they are tremendously expensive. At Miller Stockmann, our Omaha spinal cord injury attorneys are dedicated to helping victims who have been harmed due to someone else’s negligence. We will work to secure the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us today for a free case consultation.
Miller Stockmann Is Your Choice For This Case
When you are dealing with something as devastating as a spinal cord injury, it is vital to have an Omaha injury attorney you can trust both personally and professionally. Miller Stockmann is here to help.
- We are nationally recognized by our peers in numerous legal groups, winning over 10 awards for excellence as a lawyer.
- We focus our efforts on personal injury law and have more than 30 years of experience to bring to your spinal cord injury case.
- We take all spinal cord injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients only pay legal fees after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
What Will Your Attorney Do In A Spinal Cord Injury Case?
An injury attorney in Nebraska will be an invaluable resource for a spinal cord injury case. Unlike most injured individuals, your Omaha spinal cord injury lawyer has the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the spinal cord injury, including accident reports, eyewitness statements, photo and video surveillance, and more.
- Ensure that you receive the medical care necessary for your injury and that a trusted healthcare professional is available to testify on your behalf.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain the compensation you are entitled to.
The Devastation Of A Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries happen in a variety of ways, and often due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC), approximately 18,000 people sustain spinal cord injuries each year in the United States. These injuries can cause varying levels of disability for victims. In some cases, victims of spinal cord injuries make a full recovery. However, many spinal cord injury victims are partially or completely paralyzed.
The NSCISC States that medical costs for the first year of treatment for spinal cord injury can range from $359,000 to over $1.1 million, depending on how severe the injury is. Every following year of medical care for a spinal cord injury victim can cost anywhere from $43,000 to $191,000.
Aside from medical costs, spinal cord injury victims and their families can suffer from other hidden costs, including:
- Lost income or a lower earning capacity
- The costs of modifying homes and vehicles to allow for easier mobility
- Long-term care, including physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Significant emotional and psychological costs
How Much Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you love has sustained a spinal cord injury that was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to significant compensation. While final settlement amounts will differ from case to case depending on various factors, the team at Miller Stockmann will work to secure the following:
- Coverage of all spinal cord injury medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy and long term care
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
When you need an Omaha spinal cord injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation of your case or by calling (402) 558-4900.